SWEEP National Consensus Committee (NCC)
What it is: The National Consensus Committee (NCC) is comprised of diverse experts from municipalities from around the country, as well as professionals representing all facets of the waste management industry. NCC members will get final say on content within the SWEEP Municipal Standard.
What it entails: NCC member organizations will each receive 1 vote. Where they will be allowed to either:
Approve with comments
Disapprove with comments
The NCC is governed by the Institute for Market Transformation to Sustainability (MTS) industry trade association policy.
MTS is an ANSI-Accredited standard-setting body that is conducting the National Consensus Standard process for SWEEP. The National Consensus Standard process was established 10 years ago to allow for the development of comprehensive leadership standards in a consensus manner
- Public comment period ends April 1st, 2019
- SWEEP Committees incorporate comments for ballot draft
- Ballot Draft SWEEP Municipal Standard released in April
- National Consensus Meeting held on April 30th in Los Angeles
- 30 days to comment and vote on the Ballot Draft Municipal Standard