To minimize impacts on community quality of life from waste management facility operations.
The waste disposal facility* owned by the municipality has a policy and specified practices to address all aspects of operations that might result in a reduction in the quality of life for the surrounding residents and/or businesses.
Demonstrate that the facility has no unresolved or unaddressed complaints regarding the operational elements listed above.
- No unaddressed noise complaints or violations within the last year
- Proper filtration of ventilation
- Dust or litter is inspected and recovered within a 1 mile radius of facility boundary; and at least 2 miles along primary access routes
- Record of no unaddressed complaints or violations
- Emissions from rolling stock and other operations
- No unaddressed odor complaints or violations within the last year
- Stormwater management (wind control)
- No unaddressed pest/vermin complaints or violations within the last year
- Property value issues (this may be an “Innovation” credit?)
- No unaddressed traffic complaints or violations within the last year
*Note: “Waste disposal facility” includes transfer stations, landfills and thermal conversion facilities.