Ensure worker safety and health outcomes during daily post-collection facility operations through attention to hazards and making worker protection a part of company culture.
Accomplish increased operational regulation, safety resources, and safety awareness campaigns by implementing the relevant SWANA Hauler Safety Toolkit recommendations at each facility (including landfills, MRFs, WTE incineration, and other waste treatment facilities).
- Complete all employee safety and health training programs
- Complete and record Risk Assessments for all work tasks
- Implement and follow a Safe Driving Policy
- Distribute Press Release announcing participation in National Safety Stand Down
Measure compliance with SWANA Hauler Safety Toolkit:
- Monitor, record, and report worker fatalities and injuries
- Regularly hold focus group meetings between employees and employers. Ensure both parties have the opportunity to communicate opinions on the effectiveness of worker safety regulation, and suggestions for improvement