Continuing Professional Development for Certified Solid Waste Facility Operators
Certified solid waste facility operators must attend or participate in 2.5 hours of relevant continuing professional development each year to keep their certification current. This typically means attending at least one training event such as a workshop or conference. Operators must submit written confirmation of attendance with their renewal application for trainings not provided by NHDES. Credit will generally be given for continuing professional development that offers information about and increases awareness of environmental, waste management operations, and health or safety issues.
NHDES offers workshops to meet the 2.5 hour per year requirement of continuing professional development, but also accepts relevant training from other organizations. Please Visit this NHDES Link to view the most up-to-date schedule. NHDES updates the web page when new workshops are scheduled, so check back often to find new postings.
- Waste Oil Field Test Information – Word Doc or PDF
- Waste Oil Field Test PowerPoint – PowerPoint or PDF
- Universal Waste Notification – NH Facilities – 4.15.10
- Waste Notification Form
- NH DES Operating Plan Checklist – Page 69 (2013)
- 2013 DES Solid Waste Operator Training and Certification
- DES OneStop – Facility Information