This meeting will be held at the GW University at the Milken Institute School of Public Health in Washington, DC on February 12th, 2019. The address is 950 New Hampshire Ave. NW.
We also will be setting up online streaming and commenting capacity for the meeting. We will send the online meeting coordinates 1-2 weeks before the event.
The National Public Meeting will begin at 10 am and run until 4 pm. Registration, coffee and networking will begin at 9 am. Here is the agenda:
9:00 Registration, Coffee & Networking
10:00 Welcome and Background on SWEEP as a Leadership Performance Standard & Substantial Market Need
10:20 Overview of Consensus Process & Introduction of SWEEP Officers
10:30 Summary of Standard and Review of Written Comments Received From Notice of Public Meeting & Resulting Changes to the Draft Consensus Standard; Participant Q&A
11:00 Small group review of Standard to generate Suggested Changes to the Standard
- Sustainable Materials Management Policy (SMMP)
- Waste Generation & Prevention (WGP)
- Solid Waste Collection (SWC)
- Post Collection Recovery (PCR)
- Post Collection Disposal (PCD)
12:00 Working Lunch (lunch provided; sponsorships available)
1:00 Continue Small group review of Standard
2:30 Coffee Break
2:45 Plenary review of Suggested Changes to Standard
3:30 Next Steps: Establish SWEEP National Consensus Committee (NCC)
- NCC Meeting is set for mid-March 2019 at GW, exact date TBD, but will be at least 30 days from the National Public Meeting
- Parties must participate in Meeting to have full voting privileges in ANSI Accredited Consensus Process
- Committee has exclusive jurisdiction for Standard content, approval and amendments
- Committee meeting purpose is to consider and make additional changes to the Draft SWEEP Consensus Standard & send Draft Standard out for 30 day ballot vote
- Committee vote to send Revised SWEEP Standard out for 30 day consensus ballot vote
- Committee Members’ ballot votes must be returned and in writing, and any negative vote of disapproval must be germane and persuasive to the Committee as a whole.
- Industry Trade Association Policy is in effect where industry trade associations are encouraged to participate and all participation must only be through one or more industry trade association Members
This live and online meeting will review and incorporate comments made during the comment period, as well as discuss and receive new comments.
Once the comments have been incorporated, the “Ballot Draft” of SWEEP will be released publicly for voting on adoption or change by the Consensus Body.