The SWEEP Industry Standard evaluates the environmental, economic and social aspects of delivering private solid waste activities directly to customers or on behalf of a Municipality. The standard will be achievable by solid waste companies of all sizes and covers a range of activities, from hauling, to recovery, to processing, to vertical integration.
The SWEEP Industry Standard complements the SWEEP Municipal Standard.
It has 6 Performance Categories:
1. Sustainable Materials Management Policies
2. Waste Generation & Prevention
3. Solid Waste Collection
4. Post Collection Recovery
5. Post Collection Disposal
Each Performance Category has 4 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
1. Efficiency & Effectiveness
2. Environmental Performance
3. Economic Performance
4. Public Participation & Education/Social Impact/Working Conditions